Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pittsburgh

Everyone always asks me where I am. This site will keep everyone informed - even when I don't.
Welcome to Pittsburgh.

I came out a day early so I could poke around and see what there is to see.

I do a few things in the cities that I visit: I explore on foot (I rarely rent a car). I find a local yoga or Jazzercise class. I look for the HardRock Cafe. And I seek out the local Catholic church.

I also look for the zipper pulls that are license plates or little city depictions with Nicholas' name on them. I'm collecting them for him until he's old enough to care. Then we'll have a geography lesson.

I'll backtrack and cover some trips in future blogs and you, gentle reader, can see what all I've seen in recent years.

I got a great tour of Downtown Pittsburgh today from the shuttle driver. He showed us where the three rivers converged, where the HardRock Cafe is :) and gave me instructions on how to there from my hotel. He had the local steelworker accent.

Pittsburgh has the most bridges in the U.S.A. and second only, internationally to Venice.

My co-workers said a "must see" place to eat was the Oyster House. I was told to order the fish sandwich. Out came a Whopper-sized bun with this huge piece of breaded fish lopping over the sides. (Imagine a fish with a bun around it). It was the BEST fix sandwich I've ever had.

Credit for the photo at the top goes to Pat. To the right: Internet

No comments: