Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dear Robert,

This has been a wonderful month in one regard - I've seen all the girls. And very sad in another.

E. is having a baby in a few weeks and I went to her baby shower this weekend. She has a wonderful husband. I wish so much that you two had known each other.

L. is pregnant and glowing. I took the most beautiful picture of her at the shower. J is the sweetest thing. L and C have been married for a long time now.

HM's family is beautiful. A1 is a spitting image of her mother. A(boy) is tall and handsome and has the most beautiful smile. I love him dearly. A2 is just a bundle of joy.

HC is planning on going school for interior design. I got to hike with her earlier this month. We've taken several trips together this past year. I enjoy traveling with her.

W graduated college this spring, all on scholarships. It looks like she's going to be selected for a counseling job with state Corrections. A big step on the way to her long-term goal. They will pay for her Masters. N is so beautiful - I'm going to miss him something awful when he moves away with his mom. He laughs at "Home Alone" just like you did.

Robert, you'd be so proud of all of them. They're beautiful women. I love them all so very, very much.

Your sister K is sprouting wings like me. She's got a new position that will "travel her".

Mom looks good - she misses you and Dad something terrible.

I stayed at Brian & Julie's this weekend. Honey. their baby Jacob died while being born last week. Please find him up There and watch over him OK? He was only 20 weeks along. Julie showed me his tiny footprints. I just don't know what to say to them. I thought all the way home tonight - how you would have known just what to say or do. I finally cried on the way home (the top was down on the car and my tears dried like sprinkles on a windshield). I'm sobbing now - finally. I've only had little trickles all week long. My best friend is aching terribly and THERE'S NOTHING I CAN F%#*&*$ DO ABOUT IT!

Julie's mom was there - we all talked about you a little bit.
Same with Lenny's in Seattle
Same with at Mom's
Same with at the shower - except, being that the shower was for E - most people, other than your family. didn't know me. I ended up being discussed as"Bob's third wife". I finally changed my name tag to that. I was elated that E asked me to be a part of it and as I told her later - "it is what it is".
The girls all, always talk about our parenting. I love the stories they remember.

You're in our hearts and on our minds. I don't know if you know it for sure - but you are. This song reminds me of you - always.

Even now
When there’s someone else who cares
When there’s someone home who’s waiting just for me
Even now I think about you as I’m climbing up the stairs
And I wonder what to do so he won’t see
That even now
When I know it wasn’t right
And I found a better life than what we had
Even now I wakeup crying in the middle of the night
And I can’t believe it still could hurt so bad
Chorus:
Even now when I have come so far
I wonder where you are
I wonder why it’s still so hard without you
Even now when I come shining through
I swear I think of you
And how I wish you knew
Even now
Even now
When I never hear your name
And the world has changed so much since you been gone
Even now I still remember and the feeling’s still the same
And the pain inside of me goes on and on
Even now
Even now when I have come so far I wonder where you are
I wonder why it’s still so hard without you
Even now when I come shining through I swear I think of you
And God I wish you knew
Some how
Even now

And me - I have a very loving, caring circle of friends. As usual I have a supportive and wonderful managment team to work with/for. I have the neatest job on the planet. I've made friends - both in person and online. Pat is here too - he's a good rock to lean on when I need to reminisce about days gone by and he takes me hiking. Your family keeps me as one of their own.
I just wanted you to know we've been thinking about you and we miss you.

Love, Teri

1 comment:

Jules said...

((HUGS))

Jules