Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Tin-Kin and The Nipper

Two wonderful things about this adventure in the U.K. is that with my new job role, I have time to read books again. I don't have a house to come home and take care of or family to attend to. I get to read before going asleep instead of collapsing in exhaustion. (It wasn't my family that ate my brain, but the job I was doing. And while I loved it, it WAS eating my brain.) I'm doing a lot of localised reading too. It makes me feel like I'm a bit bigger part of this wonderful world I've stumbled into.

The Tin-Kin took place in Elgin, Scotland. A place I had the pleasure of working in for a couple of days. While the review discounted the 1950's, Traveller's dialect, to me, it brought it all together and put some great frosting on the cake.

The Nipper is sad and was difficult to read. I had a hard time staying with it. But goodness prevailed and the victim triumphed.

I really did enjoy my time in Scotland!

No comments: