Thursday, April 01, 2010

Learn soemthings new every day!

If there's any chance of reasonable weather tomorrow, I'm going to London to see the Changing of the Guards. I've got my plan all laid out on when to get there and where to park myself and entertian myself until said time when the glorious procession begins.

Once that's done, I'm off to Notting Hill to take in the street vendors and such and visit Chelsea. I haven't made it out of the west end of London yet. There's so much to see and do.

I learnt today too, that London's museums are all free. I was holding off visiting them whilst I took in the touristy sites. But this gives me a nice alternative of things to do on these blustery spring days we're experiencing.

And in the process of checking views and schedules, I found a post about people dropping of their luggage at the train stations and seeing the sites. The term "left luggage" was used. I've seen "left luggage" and assumed it was lost and found. Nope. It is paid luggage storage. For £8 or $12 one can leave their suitcase and be free to roam about the city unencumbered. And the piece of information was very timely as I was thinking I would have a nothing much of a day on Monday while I made my way to one of the airport hotels for a Tuesday morning flight. Now I can streak out of here, hit the city as long as I want, and then mosey up to the hotel. Sweeeeet!

Saturday, unless there are torrential rains, a co-worker is taking me to Leeds to see the castle there. Hopefully I can tick another one off my list.

No comments: