Monday, May 17, 2010

As Teri's World Turns

Here's my itinerary for today

6:00am snooze, snooze, snooze. I'm in a new hotel room because of a leaky window and massive rain last night. I'm on the east side of the building. The sun is blazing in this morning.

6:30am Check my flight scheduled for today: Destination closed, departure open. Will update at noon. That's when I wanted to leave for the airport. Co-worker's U.S flight was turned mid-Atlantic. Options: he can leave Tuesday at the soonest, unless maybe they add more flights Monday. His words: Situation fluid.

7:00am I think about options. I need three hours of train connections to get to the airport and was planning to give it four or five (rush hour). I wanted to leave the office at 11:00 to check out, eat lunch, etc. I need to check out of hotel by noon. I won't know until noon if I need to recheck in. I need Internet connection to do anything so I'll need to be at the office now until noon.

I have two flights a day from here to there: 7am or 7pm. The former requires a hotel stay near the airport or I would be riding trains all night. I chose the 7pm departure so I could stay "home" (my local hotel) and ride trains during the day. If I had chosen the 7am flight for today, I would have found myself at the airport and my flight cancelled.

I think tonight, I'll just stay at the hotel and get out as soon as I can. Worst case scenario I read lots of books in the next two days. It is weird to be so close to the city/Airports and yet so far.

Maybe I'll just take a train the whole way. Wouldn't that be fun?

Stay tuned for the next episode.

No comments: