Friday, December 14, 2007

My Most Unusual Week

I think this has been the most unusual week I have ever been through.
Sunday: Classic - walked through the snow, did my craft thing with Randi, baked for the cookie exchange.
Monday: Date - rose, dinner, Christmas musical, conversation - very nice. Was asked for another date.
Tuesday: Work, work, work. Chat, chat, chat
Wednesday: Received email that for personal reasons (I won't share here), we won't be dating any more.
Thursday: Worked while not feeling well - was in bed by 6pm.
Friday: Woke up, raised head, room proceeded to spin, called office - chose to stay home. Much later, got up, ate a slice of toast, went back to bed. Slept until I heard the phone ring and Matt said Louise was leaving work in an ambulance and Blaine was riding with her.

Fortunately the hospital is within a couple of miles of my house. Matt picked me up (remember dizzy this morning?) and took me over. At one point there were I think, 6-7 of us packed into her ER room.....all relatives, of course. They still don't know the cause - but she's here tonight so if we need a repeat performance, we can just go. A bunch of people hung around here off and on today too, making sure we were both OK.

And..tomorrow we'd all planned our gift exchange and it's at my house, so I needed to do some of my cooking tonight. There was so much going on that my kitchen became a wreck. I just got it cleaned up.

I also got a call from my girlfriend in Oregon and my daughter tonight. So many people needed me today. Everyone scooped me up too so I could be with Louise and then they all took such good care of both of us.

Sweet stuff also IMed a few times today - checking in on us both.

I Nyquilled it and I'm fading fast. Tomorrow is going to be another long day.

Then my friend called from Denver,

No comments: