Sunday, February 24, 2008

THE Red Dress

I have several red dresses. I love a true red. Nothing is better.

Today I found a 1) Designer, 2) Petite, 3)My size 4) Satin, 5) Perfect red, 6) Halter dress, 7) That fit me like it was made for ME.

I didn't buy it.

Why?

I have no one to wear it with.

I had a royal blue dress (my second favorite color for dresses). Same story. It was a beaded job, perfect fit, unusual, gorgeous. I watched the price of that dress tumble downward over the season. I waited and waited and one day it was at a price I could afford. I bought the dress. My husband wouldn't take me anywhere. I could not get him to take me out. I stared at it in the closet for months on end. When I went to California to work out with Richard Simmons, I tucked the dress in my suitcase at the last minute. I stayed with mylong time friend. One night he asked me if I had brought the dress. Yes, I said "We're going out!" That was the only time I wore it.

He knew me so well.

No comments: