Monday, April 28, 2008

I Promised

I promised to tell this story HERE!

I went to my friend's house Saturday for my birthday. We've been friends since we were twelve. My daughter was visiting me. Her daughter was visiting her. The girls have known each other, well, since birth.

I, well, sometimes have history, that haunts me, well, for a long, long time.

My friend hands me three packages and I was instructed to open them in order. The first two were absolutely beautiful wooden cat puzzles. Two wonderful poses. Beautiful wood, cherry and oak, I think. Oiled, regal and smelled so wonderful. The third package was was also a puzzle, but the pieces were apart. I put the pieces on the floor and put the puzzle together. I did not figure out the "animal" until the last piece slipped into place. It was a side view of a man's happy anatomy.

It seems that when I was asked what my favorite animals were and I said "cats" and then laughing had said I probably should have said "men"....they listened to every syllable.

And as I was reminded, a lot of it began with the bathtub incident. I was set up I tell you, I was set up. But, but but...I'll save that for another day.

This is how I get myself into trouble....and the trouble with having friends that have known you so long is that you both can remember when "trouble" began.

And....a gigglefest ensued when I talked my friend's grandson out of his socks. He had cute little checkerboard socks (probably from Cars) and I had pleaded with him to let me have them since it was my birthday. He kept giggling and telling me Happy Birthday and "nooooooo". I, however, had the better "currency". I had BIRTHDAY CAKE.

When I said I'd trade birthday cake for his socks, in a split second his shoes were off and socks were flying at me. They fit too - pretty much anyway.

This year was another fabulous birthday year - my life only gets better and better. Gotta love being the PRINCESS. And the new princess accouterments are fabulous! I have it GOOD!

1 comment:

Mama Durf said...

Awwweeee...you went home with two pussies and a woody - Happy Birthday to me...la, la, la!! (coudln't resist!!)