Saturday, October 30, 2010

Incredible!

So many joyous things are happening right now. I can't even get to doing my Camino blogging!

I'm back from a week long Camino - a little over 50 miles hiking in Spain's rural countryside. That and a chat with one of my favourite Saints. Mmmmm. Happy hiker.

My sister-in-law has spread her wings and my joy for her keeps making me giggle.

I rolled my eyes in the back of my head this morning when I heard the neighbor's going at it again. I needed to run an errand and was uncomfortable going out with her pounding on the door to be let in (there). To my great joy I discovered they were moving out.

Trafalgar Square, 38,000 football fans of all jersey persuasion. We were slowly inched forward during the afternoon until we were in the front row. Elway and Little were not amongst the group, but there were a ton of 49er Hall of Famers and some, well, interesting, entertainement. The English have a great respect for personal space (except on the Underground). So 38,000 people seemed so polite and people kept moving back and the next group forward.

That said, 38,000 people contained in Trafalgar Square and a packed subway that had major rail works happening (they actually shut some stations because of overcrowding) (events not directly related), after walking along in rural Spain made for some weird thoughts in my head.

Tomorrow the festivities start at 9:30. Breakfast a pub (owner conned the cook into coming in), party bus, pub(s), tailgate party, Bronco vs 49ers at Wembley, pub, party bus. Oh and I will have a T-shirt.

No comments: