Saturday, February 12, 2011

Precious Day

I think I knew. I knew that it would come together.

I had planned to go to the British Museum today to see the Book of the Dead. But it seemed like too much effort. So I went to Romford instead. I intended to check out the shopping center.

Instead I found a HUGE street market. Perfect for my mood. I bought most of the groceries on my list from vendors. I wandered the street and stalls and had the best jacket potato ever. I found freshly picked rhubarb and a butcher shop with lamb meat all cubed and eady to go. It's Persian lamb and rhubarb stew for dinner tonight. A perfect welcome to Spring.

I slept with my window open last night. I opened the windows and doors today. Cool, but doable and the fresh air is a treat.

Tomorrow I go to London for my hike. Just enough.

No comments: