Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend UPdate

I'm sorry the weekend is coming to a close already! Where did it go?

I was given a project on Friday and it needs quick (and massive) attention in addition to the regular things that define work. And a pile of other customer things slid onto the plate too. That has dominated my time.

It isn't without shiny though...I made some creme anglaise for bread pudding Friday night. All those lonely, abandoned egg whites begged for me to also make the pecan meringue and buttercream dessert. Wendy asked for hummus.

Saturday got my yoga on. I gave my bike some saddle bags so I could use it for shopping - trying to reduce my carbon footprint. I grabbed lunch at the Farmer's Market and didn't grab another cat. I took my Grandson to see UP. I can't decide if I liked it or not. The setup was so sad. The story line was endearing, but far above a child's understanding.

P.S. Impulse is a dear. That little baby has assimilated herself so well into our family. I'm so glad he's here. We found his wondertoy - a wad of printer paper. Wears him out in no time flat.

Break over - back to the grindstone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the saddle bag thing, wish I wasn't already carting a kid around on the back of my bike cause I feel like a draft house. Need a little Yoga back in my life, have felt out of sorts for too long.Wanted to see up with Jaden have to wait until its not in 3D as it triggers my stupid migraines. You had a great weekend it sounds like, love ya mom. the Big Love thing was too darn funny!!!