Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Kelly

I think I've said his name a dozen times in the last couple of weeks, telling people about the origins of the Goodwill Games poster, the book about the Camino, playing tricks on him in the office, smoking outside, making grand work plans and reaping the prizes. Rita Rudner riding him like a derby jocky. Monster cookies. He saved Robert. He saved me a thousand times. He was my strength during the darkest time of my life.

He NEVER once betrayed a confidence. He never once hurt my feelings. He never mssed catching me when I fell down. And he always picked me up. He never lied to me.

I learned today he had died. I have no details. Only a big fat hole in my heart.

And the planet weeps.
.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, Teri,
I'm so sorry. He sounds wonderful. How come the good go too soon?

Teri said...

Pondering that one too Sharon. :(

Mama Durf said...

I remember going outside with you two to smoke when we visited Seattle...he was a good soul...

Jules said...

Kelly was one of my favorite people from the Times. I loved working with him when he first started there in Customer Service, and enjoyed many a party at Nikki & Greg's place where we all had LOADS of fun sitting up talking til the paper hit the porch at 5 a.m.

Much love and hugs to you as you mourn the loss of your dear friend. I didn't know him like you did, but I'll miss him too.