Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yeah Right

Joop took me to a brewery the first night I was in Amsterdam. It was in the base of a windmill. He said he promised me he would show me a windmill and if we saw no others, we saw one.



There was indoor standing and outdoor seating. Everyone in Amsterdam is friendly and personal space as we know it, doesn't really exist. A man named Orpheus sat with us and chatted. He asked me where I was from, we asked for dinner ideas from him.

When I asked him about himself, he told me he was a drummer and told me about his band. He pulled out his iPod and let me listen to some music his group was about to release. Anyone can do a CD right?

It was a blustery cold evening and we were hungry and ready for some Indonesian food. He gave me his email address so we could stay in touch.

Click on the link of his name above. He isn't just a wannabe. His vinyl gets some serious bucks. I checked out his MySpace page. David Bowie is a fan. Yeah right - Teri met a rockstar in Amsterdam.

No comments: