Friday, September 24, 2010

I-team

One of the pleasures of working in the UK is that now I am considered one of the International Team. I call us the I-team. And one of the joys of being part of this team is the daily interaction with other I-Team members. Being a US based company, English is our communication language. However, because we are an International company, English isn't necessary the first language of my colleagues. I admire anyone that has the skillset to fluently speak a second language and listen in jaw-dropping awe to those who are multi-lingual.

My  funnybone was tickled today in the following exchange from a co-worker who has sought my help, but wasn't feeling well and had a good distance to travel to return home:

"Today I’ll leave at noon because I’m feeling very sick (influence) since yesterday and have to go to bed (after my 5 hrs ride to home).


Since 4 weeks it’s hunting me like a little dog, but yesterday suddenly it was a big Rottweiler with poison Teeth who bit me :-("

I sent him my ICKY TEA recipe in hopes of helping him.

No comments: