Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well, Not Exactly

Here's an old entry that I never got posted.

Right now the most difficult thing about my move is pulling information together. Everything I need to gather in the U.S. is presumed to be "the way of the world". In my case it isn't so. I need to gather information in the manner in which the UK needs it. Nothing has been radically different, just a little different.

I've run into "that's government for you, I'll just do it this way, and you'll be fine." I'm not requesting admittance into a war torn, contentious country. It is a reasonable country with reasonable requests. If the picture size is in mm vs inches and the size is just a little different and the background requirements different, please don't tell me you're going to alter it and "just not tell me". Let me go find a place that can accomodate the difference. Which I did.

No comments: