Saturday, November 27, 2010

Shambles

My flat always looks a shambles come Saturday afternoon. In the early morning I do my cleaning and mid day I start my shopping in town. Being on foot means that I am limited to the volume I can carry. I can't buy bulk as my tiny flat isn't designed for housing 6 rolls of paper towels - although I've tried. But then again with stores at my feet, it isn't necessary to stock "up". Everything is less than 15 minutes away - roundtrip/on foot.


I start at the furthest distance and working my way back. Purchases to fill my shopping bag, a trip home, back out for the next place or two and back home again.

The drop offs are disorderly, only really taking time for a cup of tea or to put perishables into the refrigerator. Back out again.

Sometimes my trips include stopping for lunch at a steamed up window diner. Or a coffee at one of the numerous coffee shops. Today will include seeing an X-Factor winner (American Idol equivalent) perform downstairs. Next week will be the donkeys in my back yard  - a living Nativity Scene.

Life is always interesting here.

No comments: