Sunday, December 05, 2010

I Live Here

I realized this week as I prepare for Christmas that this has truly become my home. I live here. I haven't forgotten how fortunate I am to live here, but I live here. I'm not a guest, I'm a resident. The people I work with, my church and the people of the area have made me feel a part of this place. I don't feel like a visitor.

I can't vote, but I can care. I pay taxes here just like everyone else. I worry about the traffic, the weather, the economy too. I know if I don't shop at the vegetable market, it will cease to exist. What I do know is another way of life. And if I don't do my part to preseve the eloquence and beauty of the differences England affords, then I've not done my part. I don't need to be an American consumer here.

My girls are intelligent and strong. And while I don't get to see them as often (but almost), I don't worry about them. I don't feel, really like I'm away from them. I'm just here. In my home. In England.

My first Christmas card? From my neighbour across the hall. I'm home.

I'm Teri and I live in England.

No comments: