Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Grandma Factor

OK - The grandma "tolerance" gene has finally kicked in. It is a miracle transformation that I heard was commonplace, but had yet to experience. Take this scenario.

The rule was no nailpolish in the living room. Has it ever been followed? No. Same this weekend. All nails (including the boys who wanted to be really funny) were done. And this morning the inevitible happened (do the math). Bottle of polish spilled on the floor. Better yet, not just a blob, but a lightening bolt streak caused from trying to recover the dropped bottle in a panic.

My granddaughter's mother was grim and grandma (me) just plain didn't care. I checked the internet and found some possible solutions (we'll see if they actually work). We'll deal with it tomorrow after the kids leave. I just don't care. It is just carpet. Her feelings were hurt - no need. We'll deal with it. The moms in the house are like - "wait a minute - you'd freak on me". Yup - that's the Mom Factor. This is the Grandma Factor. The rules have changed.

No comments: