Friday, June 09, 2006

Trail Discoveries

Last weekend I hiked along the Provo River trail and discovered a trailhead I hadn't seen before. I took on a bit of it and have decided I want to to more. It was part of the Great Western Trail (http://gwt.org). The Great Western Trail system traverses 4,455 miles through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. A whopping 1600 miles of the trail exist in Utah. Utah stretch alone is about 600 miles short of the full length of the Appalacian trail.

Today I was up on the Provo River Trail (a different stretch than last week) and found another trail head The Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It is a 90 mile path that follows the eastern shoreline of ancient Lake Bonneville from Springville to Salt Lake City.

I am on a roll - getting some hiking in every weekend. Lovin' the summer.

No comments: