Sunday, April 15, 2007

Not The Traction I Wanted

I've had a great weekend. But today I needed a hug.

I wanted to finish my project today.

1st delay - Spent night at friend's - almost all nighter - yak yak yak. Early start OK. There could be worse things than having fun!
2nd delay - Note to self on mirror: Tires. Drop top, pile regular tires in Miata, bungee to everything and theaten their possible mutiny. Wait, wait, wait. Haul snow tires home.
3rd delay - Storing tires. Decide to put them in a different place. Find that cabinet in storage room that is full of paint and chemicals is damn near at a 45 degree angle. The bottom, due to all the snow this winter, is now deterioriated. Not only do I not have something small enough to prop under the front (however I did get that little piece of wood of the rafters quite cleverly). I had no place to put the parts had I dismatled it (like a Miata going to the dump with a bunch of rotting lumber is going to work- and oh yeah it's Sunday).
4th delay - Brittle emotions. Tired of quiet house and doing my project alone. I do NOT want this one to stretch out and go unfinished.
5th delay - I don't know how to apply primer and I don't want to read about it on the Internet. The doors look like crap. I hate crap.
6th delay - me.

I can make this better - This is my life and I am the author. Nothing like a personal accomplishment to regenerate myself. I've been alone for over 9 years now. I can make it through today just like I have the last 3285. I've always been self sufficient and creative.

The difference today? I didn't want to be self-sufficient, creative or clever. I wanted someone to do it for me.

No comments: