Thursday, December 31, 2009

Santiago Holy Year

January 1, 2010 begins the Xacobean Holy Year. At 4pm CET the Holy Doors were opened at the Cathedral in . This occurs once every 10 years.


10 years ago I was working on Y2K events. I'd never heard of The Camino. I could name the apostles, but hadn't a clue that one would take me under his wing and "adventure me".


Today, via the Internet, streaming Galacian TV, I watched the Holy Doors being opened. I watched cardinals and biships and priests line up on the steps that I sat on many times during the three days I was in Santiago. I recalled the wind blowing the clouds across the torquoise sky. I knew the courtyard they were parading across, like the back of my hand. My heart's second home.


But even more than that, I watched the pagentry with Joop. I had a chat window open and the TV station running and we watched it all together.


This was amazing to me. To have been, to be, the way we were, looking back, looking forward. My greatest gift starting this new year is thinking that my albergue dream could really be a reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!