Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anniversary

Well it's been a hellava year since this week last year.

Although I pretty much "knew", this particular week last year, delivered positive proof that my best friend was dating my old love. It was a couple more weeks before she would tell me herself.

Not feeling like playing nice, nice in the sandbox and hanging with them like it didn't matter, I lost the better part of group of friends I'd called "family".

And around this time too, another almost-beau let me know he'd started dating someone new. I knew that one was coming, we'd talked about it before. They're still together. Doing pretty good, in fact. I have many warm memories of our time together. I still grin ear to ear when he checks in to see how I'm doing.

And it was cold.

The year started with those pains and wrapped up the unjoyfulness with Kelly's passing.

But, I made new friends. Great new friends. I traveled with strangers and made new adventures - more and bigger than if I had stayed in the status quo.

So while I'm not unforgiving and it was difficult being unaccepting. I trudged on. And now that the anniversary has come and gone, it is all simply another page of my life.

(insert turning page sound here)

No comments: