Sunday, January 31, 2010

If The House Was On Fire

If your house was on fire, what would you take?

I'm trying to determine what needs to go with me, using "the house is on fire measuring stick".

There's the first round of - get there with work items and then one additional suitcase. (The pack for work list is easy.) I'll come home pretty much empty handed. Then pack to ship plus refil the almost empty bag.

I don't know what I'll be allowed to ship. I don't know what I'll want to ship. I don't know what I need to ship. I don't know how big/small my flat will be. I don't know how much I'll be at home or working.

First round in the big suitcase. Webcam to chat with Nick and Ally McBeal and yoga DVDs because they seem the most important right now. I'll reload more videos when I come back next. Light hiking accessories. Simple cooking utensils. Wine bottle stopper.

Next round/ship - Backpack and sleeping bag. Serious boots. Pots and Pans. Etc.

There are so many things that I have, that I don't need. And there are things I have in triplicate that I don't want to buy again if it is, at all reasonable to ship.

What a fun puzzle to be having to do.

No comments: