Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sample Of My Life

Here's how my life goes.

Monday, co-worker from England stops by my office. We talk about his long distance bike rides in Europe, he asks me about my hiking trips here. We get around to office chat and he mentions he has opening.

Monday night I run said opening past my daughter. GOFORITMOM!

Tuesday I give co-worker not a resume, but a list of my qualifications and why I felt I could bring more to the table than just the opening that exists.

Wednesday I let my manager know that I think this would be fun, fun, fun and oh yes work and asks what she thinks about me "exploring it more". She's behind me because ultimately the role needs to be filled from someone from her group anyway.

Thursday I let my UK co-worker know I am pursuing his opening, if he's interested in me doing so.

Friday at 8:00 am I meet with my co-worker's manager.

This is how the interview goes...."Why do you want to do this?" "Because I want to retire in Europe and have been wracking my brain on how I could fund myself. This means I can do what I wanted to do 10 years from now, NOW! and still and again, do what I love." "It's yours."

and the when is probably in the next two weeks.

I will have a flat or cottage just outside of London. I will work in Scotland and then Whales.

I LOVE my life and the blessings that flow my way. I don't mind working hard. It has never failed me.

Blimey that was fast. Colour me happy!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Amazing!