Sunday, April 09, 2006

Coon Rapids



Yes, it is true, I was in Coon Rapids, Minnesota.

Here's a bit of trivia for you....Did you know that Minnesota is known for the highest annual production of CHOPSTICKS? This I heard over dinner. I had to see if I could substantiate the statement beyond local yore. Sure enough I found this on the Internet (and that makes it REAL - right?!?) "There is a company in Hibbing, MN which is expected to produce about 7 million chopsticks daily".........and it goes on to say "In the case of the plant in Minnesota the question remains as to whether converting trees into chopsticks is a responsible use of timber. "

I can see the headlines if this gets out: Chopstick Manufacturing Threatens Timber Levels in Northern Central U.S.

The shuttle driver who took me to the airport won my admiration - I teased him about stopping at a Starbucks for me. HE DID! And offered up some fabulous stores. Jennifer Aniston thanks you Danny from the bottom of my paper cup!

No comments: