Saturday, April 15, 2006

Jules

I worked with Jules a few months before I got to know her. We became friends 17 years ago today. I remember the date because I left my Income Tax forms at home and had to drive back during my lunch hour so I could mail them. Jules offered to keep me company on the drive. I'm really glad she did.

Over the 17 years we've collected a few stories ("hey sailor") , logged a few miles (Seattle to Denver to Key West), fought a few battles (Go Broncos!) and cried a few tears. I'm so happy we've maintained our friendship despite geography changes - my life would have been quite dull without having known her.

I'm so happy for her too - after taking the l-o-n-g road, she and her high school sweetheart got back together and got married. And now after a whole lot of practice they have:

No comments: