Friday, April 21, 2006

Dayton, Ohio

This week's trip is to lovely, downtown Dayton, Ohio.

Friday evening my little happy feet found the river walk, a great coffee shop with wonderful chocolate candy (my substitute for a real man I've been told). I located the Catholic Church and a Peace Museum: www.daytonpeacemuseum.org.

Saturday was warm and sunny. I wandered around downtown all day, basked in the spring sun at the river, visited and shopped at the Peace Museum (why oh why when I'm traveling must I buy things like figurines?), revisited the coffee shop and bought more candy, and went to Mass. The church was so beautiful inside. They had a brochure on the parish's history that explained all the decor. Beautiful!

My customer took me on a 90 mile tour of the region Friday. It was interesting because this is where my family came from. I recognized many of the township's names. I wish I had a car - I'd be out in the country cemetery in no time flat.

No comments: