Monday, October 16, 2006

Morphing Teri

I have about six weeks before I head to Paris. My only concern so far is what shoes should I wear that will allow me to walk a hundred miles, but not look like an American. So different than a few years ago when I planned my first visit. Eh - it's a long flight. Plenty of time to figure it all out - right?

I'm entertaining a lot in November..... Wine Club, Empty Nest Party, Thanksgiving (my annual - whoever isn't leaving town and wants traditional but not-their-mother's dinner invite). All just seem such the natural order.

This isn't the Tear-Bear that I grew up with. In fact, until a few years ago - there wasn't even a Tear-Bear.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Don't worry about looking American...our clothes and everything else about us screams "foreigner!" and that's ok!

My favorite shoes I bought for touring Europe are some Josef Seibels I bought at Nordstrom. Try on more than one pair til you find your fit -- since they're all handmade, each pair is a little different, but they're worth the money.

I've also had good luck with Merrill's, which are a British brand of walking shoe.

Just wear a lot of black and you'll be fine in Paris that time of year!

I wish I could go with you!

Jules