Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring Breezes!

It is Spring! The sun is warm, but not hot. The breeze is flirty cool. Everything has a tinge of green or tiny buds erupting.

I (don't pass out) started to clean the car, but realized I'd parked it in the sun and that wouldn't do for cleaning. I'd been thinking about multitasking - tanning and car cleaning. Opted for doing some yard work. I'm torn between the yard and the kitchen today. I decided a little of the former and a lot of the latter - I've had heaps of exercise and sunshine this last week, but it is challenging to cook good food with a microwave, which was all my hotel offered. I'm betting though I'll be able to talk the staff into letting me in the big kitchen next trip :)

The kidlets are at the amusement park. I was IMed with the following hilarity: My grandson is on the roller coaster: "Mom - I think I left my stomach back there - I might be needing that again soon." I'm still laughing.

OK - I have my groceries. I still have a couple of recipes I still need to track down. Here's the run down for today: Watermelon granita, hummus (the best recipe found in India so it says), Naan, pasta (yes, homemade past) and two sauces for it, jambalya, macadamia/coconut/pinapple muffins and brussels sprouts. Yes, brussel sprouts. There's a guy at work that has them in his lunch all the time. I'm about to find out what the fuss is all about.

I'm hoping that by freezing some of these recipes I can haul them on my next trip and avoid some restaurant visits. I'd rather spend the time exploring the forests and hills where I'm working.

I'll post the "pleasers" on Oh-Oh.

Speaking of Oh-Oh. I had a visitor from India checking out my kheer recipe. That makes me laugh.

I'm counting the hours until I find rhubarb in the store...I have it growing now - but it isn't doing it fast enough for me!

No comments: