Friday, September 25, 2009

Freeze Frame

If someone had taken a satellite picture of me preparing to leave for work or did a freeze frame on one particular hour this morning, my entire essence would have been captured. Everything.

I forgot to set the alarm, but woke up at exactly the right time anyway.
I rolled over and grabbed my phone and exchanged some quick, "almost live" emails with Joop.
I checked my email and found a dozen responses to a request I'd made.
I took time to thank God for all I have, all I get to do, and only asked for him to care for my friends and family and to keep me vigilant about being grateful.
Did the "get ready for work routine"
I'm wearning my Tevas, a Camino t-shirt I made from my collage art, and a smile.
I said goodbye and "I love you" to my daughter and grandson.
In my car was my yoga mat, my hiking boots, my regular backpack, my day hiking pack, my aluminum bottle, my yoga clothes and a peach pie for my office-mates. The top is down.
I headed to my much-loved job for the day and am packed for a retreat tonight where I'll yoga, hike and have some cooking lessons.
I found a much desired surprise on my desk.
Every one of my children have told me they loved me this week.

While today's inventory is rich - there's so much more - in Europe two weeks ago, a retreat this weekend, next weekend my sister-in-law is visiting and over the next couple of months I have kids and friends who will be in my circle too.

I love my my life.

No comments: