Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Lovely Retreat!

I had such a lovely weekend down in Spanish Fork at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple. I attended a yoga/hiking/cooking retreat. It was as though this retreat was custom made for me.

I love yoga.

I love to hike.

I love cooking lessons.

We had four yoga practices over the course of the weekend. The weather was perfect and we were able to have them outside on the terrace. It wasn't too warm nor too cool. This is the veiw of the sky from my mat:


We hiked with the llamas. Casper, on the right, facing left, was my hiking buddy. He gave Mark, forefront a tussle. Alan, center back was our yoga instructor for the weekend. Starting in late October, Alan will be on a 150 mile trek to Nepal.



We had Ayurvedic and Indian cooking lessons. Click on the type to see the recipes we learned. Our cooking on Sunday contributed to the Feast that was being held that evening.
I got to hold one of the parrots and the resident cockatiel. There are many llamas and peacocks on the property. And they have one very friendly kitty too.
I learned a lot about the Hindu faith/Krishna following. There was music and chanting every night.
It was a great weekend!

No comments: