Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lessons

I believe it is all about lessons. God, the Universe, Karma, whatever you want to call it, creates every experience and opportunity as a lession. The questions are did you embrace it and did you learn from it. Before you get all wigged out by that my thoughts, I'm going to expound on another word that gets people's knickers in a twist, and it shouldn't.

Consequences.

Lessons and consequences have been given a bum rap for so long. They are most often applied to a situation in a negative way. The consquences of his actions sent him to jail. Maybe she'll learn a lesson from it. Etc., etc.

Now let's bring to mind the other half of the context of thse words. Consequences are the result of actions. Good actions result in positive consequences and everyday lessons, noted, prepare you for things ahead, sometimes by merely being present in the moment.

My lesson that I realized I'd been given for today? When I was in Holland, Joop and I went to the grocery store. 1) was we needed our own bags and 2) that we needed to get a price sticker for the produce before we took it to the cashier. The bags I've known about here, but today was the first day that I bought loose fruit. And I saw a bunch of stickers plastered on a table near a scale. The light went off and I knew what to do. No embarrasment when I checked out.

I have been given countless lessons in my life. Thankfully. And blessings to those who shared them with me.

No comments: