Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Small print: this post does not in any way diminish the excitement and magnitude of children's births, marriages, surprise parties, ages, etc.

Today is the last day of the most magnificent year ever! Late January gave me an opportunity to work in the UK. February landed me in Scotland to work. Still working in Scotland. Now living outside of London.

I see London, I see France - I see London every single day (weather permitting)
I visit London all the time.
I've been to South End Victoria, Leeds, Brighton.
I've visited castle upon castle upon castle. And had one photo published.
Some of my family has visited.
I've spent time in  Inverness, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee (Scotland).
I've collected pebbles which have fallen from Roman walls (Colchester), I've walked on Roman roads (Spain)
I'm very close to the sea.
I've walked on the banks of the Thames.
I've stood over the North Sea.
I've stood in the presence  The Queen and Prince Charles, the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister and three former Prime Ministers. I've seen Camilla.
I've been hugged by Jonny Woos crazy "girls"
I've seen the Denver Broncos play in Wembley and done a tailgate party in London.
I've shopped in Soho at Christmas time.
I've seen a pantomime.
I've sung Christmas Carols in Brentwood
I'm FB friends with the first season's X Factor winner.
I've had high tea at Fortnum and Mason
I've had Cream Tea at St. Peters
I've been to Westminster Cathedral and Westminster Abbey
I've been to the pub in Cobham where Dickens wove his tales.
I've been to Legoland!
I've seen the Crystal Skull
I've eaten wild boar, drink Taliskar, and buy fruits and vegetables from a fruit stand
I love England and Scotland and I love my life.
I walked the Camino again - against some interesting odds.
Through the beauty of Internet streaming,  I saw the Santiago de Compostela holy doors opened on 1 Jan and on 27 October , I walked through the holy doors myself. The doors won't be opened for another 11 years.
I love my job!
and I turned 50.
Thank you God for all you do with and for me every single moment of every day.

No comments: