Sunday, December 12, 2010

When Hope Fades

I pulled on my jeans this morning whilst getting ready for church (LOVE that about the Catholic Church). I grumbled to myself about my jeans being snug. I've been needing to lose some weight again and there's a point where it hits the big red bell at the top of the meter and I eventually get with a program and pull it down again.

I started a new program a couple of weeks ago. Knowing the office curry party was coming up, but wanting to have some lip control over Christmas, I approached the kickstart week more like a long, drawn out punt. I started eating the breakfast and lunch suggestions and ate dinner as I damned well pleased - including alcohol.

I figured after the Curry party, I could snuggle in with the program and be perfectly content. I'd also hoped that being on holiday with my stay-cation would let me practice some better habits. And last but not least, I refuse to climb in the  New Years resolutions bandwagon - I prefer to treat them like my -9th birthdays....if you celebrate to the "nines" then the 0's can't get you down - meaning that I'm well into them before the first of the year and therefore am usually have the gusto going so I can't be slowed down by the people trying to talk themselves and everyone else away from their resolutions.

I'd even been able to do double take and happy dance after visiting my big yellow British stone-weight bathroom scale the other day.

Imagaine my dismay this morning when my jeans gave me their "negative feedback". I was also sad that in my ignorance with UK washing machines had allowed them to fade. Then I was thinking - "crap" nice middle of vacation way to be thinking Ter-bear. And then....

I realized I had grabbed the the jeans that a month ago, I couldn't button.

No comments: