Saturday, March 12, 2011

Coming Home

I love (and appreciate) how when I come home from my work trips, I'm so happy to be home. Home being Brentwood. This is my home. I have a house in Utah, but for now, this is my home.When I travel to the U.S. it will be to Colorado and Utah and to visit my family, but it won't be to go home. Not now, not yet.

I arrived HOME from my work trip this week to many confirmations that this is HOME. Confirmations of my trips (yes, plural) to Italy later this year, my European health insurance card and the UK Census. Sounds pretty established, eh?

The funny thing is about my credit cards, my insurance cards, my bank cards, my visa, all carry the same end date. My "times up Teri" departure date from the UK. The date that this fantasy ends. I used to take comfort in that date, that if I hated being here or hated the job that I'm doing, that I had a target date for returning to "normalacy". Now that date is a deadline. A deadline of all the things I have to do, see, experience, eat and breathe in before I have to leave my fairy tale life in Great Britian.

2 comments:

Laura M. Holmes said...

It has to be hard knowing that you are invested so emotionally in this experience, this life and that is has an end date. But it should also be comforting. How many of us know when the thing we enjoy, live and love ends? So many go thru life not knowing, atleast you get to pack whatever you can into this experience within the time you know you have. Live it, love it, and soak it up. Know that another chapter starts on that date, it's not an end date. Love you Laura

Teri said...

Profound words, my dear. And yes, it is great reminder that I need to appreciate every precious moment. And I do seem to always have another great chapter ahead of me. Love you, Mum