Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Weepy Week

This week is wrought with emotion.

Robert died 11 years ago on Friday. I miss his friendship. He was always behind me. I hope that I can someday find someone who will love me like he did.

I think about the girls. How lucky I am to have them in my life. They are only my step-daughters when I have to explain that I did not shove five down MY birth canal.

I think about my girls - who were  lucky enough to have a spare Dad.

I think about my extra Mom and the sister I gained through Karen.

I'm going nuts over my dream that woke me earlier this week that was about a letter I received from him....from Montana, no less. Realising the letter came from HIM (OK, that he actually wrote more than a paragraph) and that it was from all places, Montana,  woke me up. I didn't get to read what it said - I have no idea what his or my possibly made up/imagined  message said.

There was another "incident" this week that I would attribute to his presence. I acknowledged it at the time, but then forgot it. I can't remember it and I desperately want to.

I would have thought, like with other's passings, it would get easier. Sometimes it is. Sometimes not so much.

Robert, I loved you with all my heart. Your presence on this planet is missed by many. May your soul be at peace. May yours and my dear Mary watch over you.

No comments: