Saturday, March 05, 2011

Market Day

I love Saturdays in England! Choices. Choices. Choices!

I think it is Brentwood's market day (every other week). I thought about going to Romford as theirs is big and every week. Around here you don't have to hoard, you just have to remember which week it is and where which town you found it in and then plan to head back.

I think though I'm going to head to Billricay. I've only been during their Christmas market, but here's a fancy grocery store I'd like to peruse. If I find a Saturday market, excellent, and if not, I will be armed with a map.

I'm heading to Scotland next week for work, so I'm not in dire straits for groceries. Just trying to figure out where the the special things can be found and remember my whats and wheres.

This aspect of my life fulfills a dream I had of being able to live near the Pikes Place Market in Seattle. I wanted to be able to buy freshly picked farm grown vegetables, find fresh meat and fish, purchase nuts so soft and flavourful that you turned to look for the tree. Seattle wasn't the goal, the market was. Check.

No comments: