Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Do

I'm reading Ree Drummond's book: The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story. I've followed Ree's steamy love affair with her husband and her recipes for years. I can't put her book down. And I'm thinking, while reading it, "ooohhh to feel like that". And I woke up this morning and thought...."damn it woman, whatcha thinking? You have had it all and more!"

25 years ago today I was in Las Vegas. Eloping. Driving all night Friday after work to do "the deed" on Saturday. Our arrival coincided with Spring Break and the the motel we ended up staying in was at the far end of the strip....further down than the  famous Welcome to Las Vegas sign. The Klondike. (No that wasn't the peeky bubble pool hotel). No room at the proper inns for us. The proposal, coming out of the blue, the previous Tuesday evening went like this:

Future sister-in-law: So when are you guys getting married?
Me: Drop Jaw
Future husband: I don't know. You want to get married?
Me: Playing along. Sure. Why not?
Future husband: OK - how about Saturday?
Me: Playing along. Oh - OK.
Future husband: Really, let's get married Saturday.

And so it began.

1 comment:

Gina said...

What a story! That is awesome!