Saturday, May 13, 2006

Opening Day

Today was 2006's Opening Day for the Timpanogos Cave. I've done the hike each year, usually in the fall, but I don't always tour the caves. I made it to the top in an hour - this means I'm in shape and ready for the hiking season :)



This year I did the cave tour. Creepy thing though. We follow the ranger through the caves and every now and again, along the walls you'll find a ranger or two crouching. As you pass, they get up and continue on their way in the opposite direction. I know they're there to make sure everyone keeps going and doesn't decide to do their own cave exploration - but it just creeps me out.

And for me, how could there not be adventure? I got stung by a bee after I'd come off the mountain. I'd gone across the road to nosh on some nachos by the raging river. Coming back across the foot bridge there was that familiar "ouch". I did the bee hop and tried to disrobe in front of a dozen people trying to get the bee out of my shorts. I went into the Ranger's station in search of a pair of tweezers (Lenny told me I was supposed to ALWAYS carry a frist aid kit - did I listen - NOOOO). I was dubbed the first "accident victim" of the season. GREEEAAATT!

No comments: