Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tucked Way Way Away

Part of my puttering today involved digging in boxes. I had put them away after I moved here, but couldn't remember what exactly was in them. I found a card that I bought a long time ago with the intention of giving it to someone that I was spending time with, but wasn't actually dating. We'd become close. The words, as you will see, are deep. At the time, the inside was the original point and the front just struck me. I meant it half as "friend love" and half was "ah hello -- Mr. Oblivious". I never gave the card because I chickend out thinking I would freak out Mr. Oblivious. But I've held on to it. I find it every now and again. Maybe someday I'll find someone that will fully fit the card.

The front: My love for you knows no bounds. It is as endless as the universe, transcending even the very confines of time itself.
The inside: There. Top that!

No comments: