Sunday, December 31, 2006

But Wait! There's More (trademark)

Ronco owns the phrase.

I started redoing a wall in my house. I've never done a house project before. This is my second house, but I never even repainted a wall in the old one. I thought this would be a 2-day job and I would have pretty much instant results by the end of the weekend.

Nope.

The outdated striped wallpaper came off in 5 minutes. No kidding. Vinyl. Was even therapeutic.

But wait, there's more.

There was an underlayer of paper. Not paste. Almost a primer paper. Score, wet, peel. Score, wet, peel. Was feeling pretty good about it. Would be some work but the masonite was there and then I could get on with the change.

But wait, there's more.

Then we found the original wallpaper. What we thought was masonite was a brass look wallpaper with gold metallic polka dots the size of, well, 60's polka dots. Bigger than silver dollars.

I no longer have tan striped vinyl wallpaper, I have a metallic finish VINTAGE polka dot wall papered hallway. And that paper doesn't want to budge.

Why couldn't I have just picked a wall to paint?

No comments: