Friday, December 29, 2006

Puttering

My mother used to say she was just "puttering" around. When she said that she would be working on this and that and that and this. That's my weekend.

I was supposed to be working in Vegas this weekend, meaning that New Years Eve was going to be in Party City. That trip got postponed. Then I took the day off today in anticipation of a weekend getaway with Sweet Stuff. That didn't pan out, so I decided to give in to fate and push around the let-down with puttering.

I ate leftovers and watched dance movie with my roommate last night (Her trip to Colorado was postponed due to the lovely 2nd storm). She knitted and I worked on ironing quilt squares (yawn). OK, the nice thing about that is, if I can get a hundred ironed and a few hundred cut this weekend, I don't have to do that tedius part of the quilting for awhile. (Remember, I started with the one of the most difficult patterns known to quilterkind).

I went to bed early and got up late. I checked worked email - really intense stuff: an e-card from a co-worker and another work calling in occupied with a myriad of family illnesses to tend to (yeah right). I just called in "off".

Today's puttering list consists of little things to amuse myself. If I'm so inclined later I'll add blogging to the putter patter and give an update. If not....well - who knows what I'll be up to today!

No comments: