Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sad Sunday

On Sunday it will be eight years since Robert passed away. Do I think of him often? You betcha. Despite all the challenges our marriage held, I never for a minute thought that I wasn't loved by him. I miss him and I miss his Dad.

I hope to honor his dad this year by taking his pack to Spain with me. It's an older pack and heavy. If I can pack light enough to be able to haul it the 500 miles across Spain - it is going. I often feel like that was the trip he gave it to me for.

Robert - so many wonderful things have happened that I wish you'd been here for: Having Liz in our midst, her sweet husband and son. Laura and Clarence and their adorable boys. Little Alexis. Nicholas. You'd be so proud of all the girls - they have become beautiful women. Wendy and Heather are doing so well. Karen and I are planning a weekend trip together. God, what a sister she is to me. Mom is coming to see me in the next couple of months. Julie is turning 40 - can you believe it?Wendy's helped me by this beautiful home.

I know you're at peace and for that I'm grateful. I miss your twinkly laugh and pranks and I think of you often.

Hey - thanks for the confetti - that was a wonderful HUG. A very nice surprise in the middle of a long cold winter.

No comments: