Friday, March 02, 2007

Fridays

I've gotten in to a really cool groove on Fridays.

I go into work early, leave as soon as appropriate, grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks, finish my work work at home, do all my weekend chores and then sail through my weekend with a freedom long forgotten.

Right now I'm working (my work computer fried today), blogging, doing laundry, drinking coffee, listening to a book and ironing. I love it! Tomorrow I be playing.

And I love staying up late with my own thoughts. There's great clarity to be found at 1am with a cat on your lap and a foreign film or audio book filling your ears. And as much as I hate to waste a morning, the slow awakening on the morning following my all-nighters is another magical emotion of its own (including the hungry cat staring me in the face).

One of these days, I trust that I'll find the right balance of people and solitude. Right now I find joy in that that is.

No comments: