Monday, July 28, 2008

The Day Has Come

Today was one of the most signifigant days of my life. It was two-fold in its importance.

I solved a problem for work today - the problem was growing. The solution came to me and worked. I can't adequately describe how it floated into my psyche - but I knew it needed to be given consideration. (And humbly I say, it's looking OK.)

This evening I was chatting with a friend. His day had not gone at all as well as mine...we both had the rocky middles and mine turned out OK. We quietly talked about his challenges for awhile - I knew they were far more emotionally signifigant and then he turned the conversation to my day. I shared my little idea and outcome.

He stayed with me on my success. He didn't dilute it. He didn't highjack it. He even closed out the evening with circling around to it again.

I don't think this day was at all about a business victory (although I'm very pleased - a lot of people worked really hard to get to this point - it would have been devastating to so many).

I think today, for me, was all about the message at the end of the day.

No comments: