Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Angels

I have angels. I know I do. They are sometimes precocious (don't know where they get that). Here's my week and my "wings' experience".

Sunday night my friend and I finalized our plans for Paris. Even got the miles transferred, vacations approved, etc. As soon as I hit "transfer" there was a pit in my stomach. Huh? The Spain boys were all waiting at various locales around Europe, blah, blah...DREAD! I called my friend back...WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???

"Sleep on it", she said.

The next day she got a great email about a really fabulous France trip....but too pricey for the two of us this year. OK - what if we thought "local" this year? So we did. A city she hasn't been to, the coast, wine country, some seclusion, some friends, etc. - mini trips. Here's where it goes goofy...the order we planned it and the dates we discussed.

I note came from my sister in law - there's a showing and benefit in honor of my brother, the artist, at the same time we planned to go. So... we get to do all these things we love to do, stay with friends a little and go to places we've yacked about for a long time.

AND today I finished up arrangements with another friend to head back to Oregon for a little trip. Get to see her, meet My Artist, hopefully see my painting.

AND when I let the Spain boys know what wasn't going to happen this year I got this: "Well, the fact that you are postponing the trip is not a big deal. We want to hug you as soon as possible of course, but if that is delayed, the only thing you will get if we meet, is more and sronger hugs. So, it's up to you. I've got plenty of strong hugs in endless varieties, don't worry." And "Joop found the right words to point out the spirit it will be the right time - as long as we will met again!Looking forward for that moment " (No wonder I made it to the finish line with encouragement like that between here and there - TEAM TERI!)

My angels!

No comments: