Sunday, July 13, 2008

Genie Bottle

Walking is a wonderful therapist. It's funny how thoughts drift in and out and coalesce.

The genie bottle popped into my train of thought yesterday. When I get home, I must open it and free the contents. The symbolism is now irrelevant to anything. The memories will remain, but the life-ring meaning it was created to represent, is no longer needed, by either of us.

The spirits can be free. Its goal has been achieved, although not as either imagined it. The bottle needs to go. The stopper, no longer a binder of our dreams, still tells a story: a flame, cacophony, twists and turns, the final freeing updraft - it stays - there's so much to it.

The last two years (how quickly they have passed) have been probably the most upheavaled and life-changing of my life. My facination with this world and curiosity about where my life is taking me continues to swell like ocean waves.

No comments: