Tuesday, September 30, 2008

October Ghosts

I think I figured out why I'm so "discombobulated" today. October is approaching - tomorrow. While this year tangibly offers great and wonderful new experiences, the ghosts are picking at me today. Pick, pick, pick. Here's my response:

Dear Shadows:

Robert - Your birthday would be tomorrow. Yes, I still miss you sometimes. The ache (multi faceted as it was) in the pit of my stomach is gone - for which I'm thankful. Your smile resides in my heart.

Curtis - We all miss you and talk about you. A very rough day a year ago with your passing. A rough year recalling your virtues. You are not forgotten. I try to emulate your kindnesses.

SweetStuff - October was the beginning. I haven't forgotten. But it was, in all reality, a long time ago. I still love your laugh.

So to the Ghosts of Teri Past I ask that you pack your gauzy satchels and move on about your business (other than playing haunt the Teri-girl). I won't forget you. I promise to revere all that brought me to this point in my life. But there's a soft sweet world beckoning to me and I really want my heart to be open and light and the chains to be lifted. I'm sure you understand.

With love, Teri

No comments: