Friday, September 12, 2008

Spoiled Girl

I'm staying at the "normal" hotel for visiting this site. But it is interesting to see the differences from the chains we normally frequent.

Peeling wallpaper - well it is Virginia - I'm sure that is difficult to avoid.
Window lodged heating/cooling unit - No thermostat on the wall
Breakfast - Buy it
Internew - Usually down. "The technician's here now ma'am". I'm sure he has a room with his name on it.
Business Office - No Printer On Service, no bank of desktops. One printer and one unit - running Windows '98. Really.
866 Nada- Yes, the phone disconnects you when you do 9-1-866. 9-1-800 works.

I'm not complaining because I just don't do that when I travel. The people here are nice and it has one of those "fancy" number beds. I'm on a top floor and the view is beautiful.

In fact, I'm off to see if that cemetary is as old as it looks from here. Civil War perhaps? I found one of those in Georgia.

No comments: