Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hide And Go Seek

I sometimes think this child's game should really be the basis of heavy psychological profiling.

I get these bursts of realization now and again of myself. How so many times I have let the true part of me wander off in pursuit of finding myself. And while I "wander off" I do find new things that grow myself, I really do who I am and what makes me the most happy.

And, I find that in pursuit of "other stuff", I find myself tired and worn out and not able to accomplish much.

Example, I had let my yoga practice fall away a couple of years ago. While I still told the world that I did yoga. I did, sort of, now and again, and my heart and magazine subscriptions were still in it....but my body was not. I seemed so busy that I couldn't fit in, even one night a week. Now, I'm back in my practice three times a week and working full time. I'm doing art, spending more time with my family and friends and cooking and spending some time every day with my Valentine. I'm reading copious amounts of varied topics, taking in Netflix every day and sleeping normal hours. So...what has changed?

So very much, but the change has been back to the skin I feel most comfortable in. The active / athletic part of me (still a weird concept to me), the artistic part of me, the learning part of me and the part that likes entertainment in the vein of vampires (haha) and mysteries.

I'm just a girl from a solid and teeny disfunctional family who loves to be surrounded by people who own rose colored glasses too. I love the glitter and the glam and enjoy entering it now and again. But for the most part - give me a book and a cuddle and I'm good for the long run.

So occasionally while I play hide and go seek with Teri...the game ends and she heads home...just her basic self.

No comments: